I love Northern Michigan! It's so relaxing and rejuvenating. We're back from Mackinaw Island and it was a boatload of fun! Here are the girls and I having a picnic after biking around all morning:
In honor of Northern Michigan I'm including a Kid Rock song for your rocking out pleasure. In honor of islands, I've got an island commercial for you, and a Bud Light one at that! All this island living got me thinking about the age old question: what books would I take with me to a dessert island? (That's not a typo by the way. My imaginary island has cupcakes falling from trees instead of coconuts, and pieces of pie walking around instead of crabs). My list* changes daily, but here it is for today:
1. The Harry Potter series. (yes, I count that as one giant book, ok? It's my flippin' island.)
2. To Kill A Mockingbird (which I may need to do, should I get sick of the sweets)
3. Where the Red Fern Grows (a childhood fave- plus, I may get much needed hunting tips)
4. Triathlon Training for Dummies (I may as well stay in shape, especially with all the fatty foods around)
5. Hatchet (another childhood fave with beaucoup survival tips)
*This doesn't include the Bible of course. That will be in the nightstand. Oh, your imaginary island doesn't have a Hilton? That stinks.