Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Stain, Stain, Go Away

We are having a painfully hot heat wave right now. It's hotter than two weasels wrestling in a wool sock. Luckily, we have wonderful friends who kindly invited us to swim in their pool yesterday. Molly splished and splashed and wore herself right out. So when she went to bed without argument and didn't get up or yell for me a bajillion times, I wasn't surprised. "The fresh air and swimming did her in!" I thought happily (and, as it turns out, stupidly). Around 10:30 she peeked her head downstairs and whispered my name. That's when I noticed her bright red fingers. Yup. My little angel painted her fingers, toes, and oh yeah, entire bed frame with love 'em and leave 'em red nail polish. The carpet, naturally, did not go unscathed and I spent a good portion of today trying to get it out. That odor you smell right now? That's the acetone I will reek of for the rest of my days.
Today's feature ad had to be stain themed and YouTube pulled this one up for me. I love the disTain with which the interviewer looks at the guy. I hope he isn't (s)tainting his reputation. If he gets the job he should celebrate by painting the town red. And he should take Mols with him.

No comments: