Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Scrumdiddlyumptious!

While this ad makes my mouth water, I have no choice but to give it a thumbs down. Starting with the Oompa-Loompa. Why would they pick the creepiest part of the Chocolate Factory for this short little commercial? Why not go whole hog and take us on the trippy boat ride, freak us out with some nutty squirrels, or reference a stretching machine or human juicer while you're at it WW? Really though, Oompa-Loompas scare the pants off me.
That alone would not warrant a thumbs down, but then they rob me of what I thought was my very own ridiculous word. I use "scrumdiddlyumptious" more than once a day and they just stole it out from under me! Do other people say that word? Am I a poser? My little Vocabularyville has been rocked to the core. Boo to you Willy Wonka. You can make it up to me only by supplying me with a lifetime of Option 3 with the toffee, thank you.


No comments: