Thursday, July 1, 2010

Something Fishy

It has been too long since I've seen a good talking animal commercial. Waaaaaay too long. No wonder my spirit has been feeling a little wounded, a little saggy if you will. Luckily, my parents are visiting and had the TV on to a station I don't normally watch. This opened up a whole slew of wonderful new commercials, not the least of which was the fabulous Lipton ad featuring a chorus of sealife.

To celebrate my wonderfully kooky commercial find, I brewed up a cup of Lipton green tea this morning. Adrienne begged (that is, she pointed and whined) for a sip so I, thinking I was calling her bluff, gave her a sip. My one year old proceeded to chug my entire cup of green tea. Is that weird? It took me years to just kinda sorta like the earthy taste of green tea, and she slammed the whole thing on her first go 'round! This makes me nervous. Will she also have an abnormal taste for tequila? Ashtrays? X-brand vodka? Or, gasp! Clamato juice*?!?! Speaking of clams, here's the ad:


And a seagull sequel:


*Wikipedia definition: Clamato "(a portomanteau of "clam" and "tomato") is a trademark of the Mott's company which denotes a drink made primarily of reconstituted tomato juice concentrate. It is flavored with spices and clam broth, and contains monosodium glutamate. It is also referred to colloquially as "clamato juice".

No comments: