Monday, November 22, 2010

A Week of Thanks

It's Thanksgiving Week!  I think that calls for a theme week, no?  Let's go with the obvious: things I'm thankful for.  And in the spirit of the shopping insanity about to ensue I'll feature commercials that will hopefully give you some gift ideas.  (So this is a kinda sorta helpful blog.  I did this last year too.  See this post).

Now, obviously I'm thankful for the usual suspects- family, health, food... that all goes without saying.  But I'm also thankful for the luxury that is The Learning Channel.  Last night there was a Sister Wives special on.  It was especially disgusting.  TLC provides every kind of wedding show you could ever want (I used to plan my college courses around The Wedding Story.  Classic.)  The Baby Story of course, is the sweetest torture for those dying for a baby.  I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant is a different kind of torture for teen girls who think there's no way they could get knocked up.  They'll think twice the next time they have the flu or gain a couple pounds.  And of course, the I'm Pregnant and.... shows.  Last night I watched I'm Pregnant and It Could Kill Me (she had cervical cancer and waited until baby came along to start treatment). 
Not to even mention The Duggars, the Little Couple, Little People Big World, and their numerous and enrapturing specials on never-heard-of-before-diseases.

I love this stuff.  Sure, there may be something deeply, severely wrong with me but I just love it.  This Monday I am thankful for The Learning (about bizarre pregnancies and gross polygamists) Channel.

If you know somebody without a GPS you would be doing them a great disservice to NOT buy them one.  I would be homebound without mine.  Plus, they have great commercials as you may remember from previous posts.  No doubt they'll show up on Ad Bits again.

No comments: