Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mols, Mols, Let Down Your Big Fear

My little Molly is brave.  Every day she reminds me she isn't scared of anything, namely, sharks, T-Rexs, quicksand, or the big bad wolf.  But she isn't afraid of more um, probable things either.  Being in front of a crowd?  No, I've seen her hop on stage to perform at church (embarrassing, but I certainly wasn't going up after her!).  She has never had stranger anxiety- in fact I wish she would discriminate just a bit more.  Dogs don't scare her and being alone in the dark is a big adventure.  As you may remember from this post, creepy baby dolls don't phase her.

So I didn't think twice before taking her to Tangled even though it was rated PGShe was SO excited (and hello! A new Disney princess?  So was I!).  She bounced through the previews in delight (did you know they're making a movie of Justin Bieber's life?  I looked over and she was pumping her fist in excitement- apparently his fame has now penetrated the preschool crowd)  The entire movie was going great.  I wouldn't hesitate to use the word enthralled here.  She was absolutely enthralled.  At the climatic moment at the end I briefly thought, "this could be scary for a 3 year old".  I look over at Mols.  She is shaking in fear.  Tears are pouring down her face.  I frantically pull her onto my lap, "I want to go home now" she cries "I want to go home NOW!"  My heart broke for her!

We did tough out the last (less than) two minutes left and she seems to have no memory of the "part at the end".  She is in love with Rapunzel and more vain than ever about her hair, showing great favor to other blondes.  (I swear I don't know where she gets this.  Do I have any redhead readers?  Holllllaaaa!)

So I guess the moral of my story is: even seemingly unshakable three year olds can be shook.  Have you guys taken your kiddos to see Tangled yet?  How did they react?  It really was a darling movie.

Speaking of scary, has Burger King finally abandoned their masked king commercials?  I sincerely hope so- I vote for more Whopper Jr's escapades and other funny ads like this one:

2 comments:

Design It Chic said...

Awwwwwww such a cutie. Good thing she doesn't remember of the sad end part of the movie. Haven't seen the movie yet but planning on it:) I am now following you thanks to Follow Me Back Tuesday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to stop by our Show Yo' Flow Campaign today to see the interview we have on Elizabeth and the surprises she has for everybody:) See you there! Happy Wednesday!

Hanging Off The Wire said...

Hi Jules! You WON the Big Birthday Box on my blog for the Bloggy Birthday Bash!!!! Please email me your address and I will get it out to you!
callansparents@yahoo.com