Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Matchers Again!

An update: Molly has stopped protesting matching outfits!!!  I know you were on pins and needles about this hot topic, so the news is good.  When I pulled out their matching cupcake jammies she squealed in delight and my heart soared (while my stomach growled and mouth watered at the sight of the cupcakes).  Here they are:
Speaking of Molly squealing in delight, I'm missing a chunk of my tongue today thanks to her enthusiasm.  Saturday night I tucked her in and reminded her the next day was Halloween.  Bad idea.  She threw her hands into the air and brought her knees to her chest.  On the way up they smacked my chin, I saw stars, and now I'm talking like some kind of freaky bad ventriloquist.  Kids can really put a hurtin' on their parents, right?  Adi has taken to yanking my hair in protest whenever I wipe food off her mouth.  Jeesh!  It's a good thing they're cute and still wear matching outfits for me.

Here's an irrelevant question, but I'm wondering what you guys think about this.  M ran up to a house to trick-or-treat the other day and the guy gave her some candy and then took her picture.  Would you be freaked out?  I'm confident he was harmless, but is that weird?  Did any strangers take your children's pictures?

Other things that weird me out?  Doorhandles in public restrooms.  Target speaks to my soul yet again.

2 comments:

Nicki Woo said...

Ruh-roh. Me thinks I am weird Halloween Lady who takes pictures of random children on Halloween. Yikes! So to make this all about me. . . .I think I did take pics of random kids whose costumes I liked. And the more I think about it, one of the mom's did look at me like I was crazy. You and Molly didn't trick or treat in Houston, did you?

okay, back to you. Jammies are toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute. back to me. I Am currently looking for a quartet christmas set for my 4 girls. Shelbi will be kicking and screaming in terror, but that's what Christmas is all about, right? back to you. bummer about your tongue. but I hear mom's are like lizards, it'll grow back.

Jules said...

I love it when my posts' comments are funnier than my actual blog as is the case here.

I am GLAD you took strangers' pictures. I'm ashamed to be completely un-PC here and say if it were a female taking the pics it would have been different! Augh! Wrong!

Shelbi will thank you someday for the matching outfits. No, she won't, but she can show the pics to her kids and say, "look, if I had to wear matching outfits with my sisters, so do you".

Just call me amphibiJules- my tongue is already much better, thank you!