Tuesday, November 23, 2010

X Marks la Spot

Aujourd'hui I am thankful for Franglais because I think it's absolutely hi-lar-i-ous!  Throwing a French word in the middle of an English sentence?  Kills me every time.  Or just saying French words in a WAY over the top accent.  I wish this were a vlog so I could demonstrate.  You should be thanking your lucky stars this is not a vlog and you are spared my ridiculous faux French accent.  Incidentally, this is a stupid habit I formed in college, along with writing phonetic messages to my roommates on the dry erase board (I tried to insert a funny example here, but I don't know how to type schwas or the little dots or lines over letters... do you?  Parce que je voudrais beacoup to know how that works!

I'm also thankful for X brand food!  We hosted a mini Thanksgiving here tonight, serving the traditional Thanksgiving tacos.  Food is pricey, right?  And we have nothing to show for it but saddlebags (me) and greasy little fingers (M and A) so I hate to spend money on it.  But buying Meijer brand stuff makes opening the ole pocketbook a bit easier.  I do draw the line at diapers and peanut butter though (for those of you who shop at Meijers: I'll vouch for almost all their branded items except these).

What obscure things are you guys thankful for today?

Today's commercial doesn't really feature an item as much as a store, but I trust you'll find at least one great gift if you swing by Pier 1.  Later, if I can find the actual Pier 1 commercial I wanted I'll be posting that too.  In the meantime, be on the lookout for it- it's tres cute!

No comments: