Wednesday, November 24, 2010

WWW Wednesday: Holiday Edition!

Whine:  Did you think just because it is Thanksgiving Eve I wouldn't whine?  Wrong!  But it is a pretty minor whine today.  I can't get "Sex Bomb" out of my head.  It's like I have a little Tom Jones wriggling around in my brain.  I blame David Hasselhoff's DWTS return last night.  Here, you're welcome to share in my misery if you like:


Wish:  For my Christmas decorations to magically organize themselves.  I wish this every year.  That I could be someone who bounces into her basement and grabs from a neat stack of bins, the ones labeled (in beautiful calligraphy?) "Christmas decorations- upstairs", "Christmas decorations- outside", "Christmas tree ornaments"... you get the picture.  Instead I dig through torn boxes from the 80s to find 2 ornaments amidst Easter baskets and old CDs, stockings stuffed in plastic Meijer bags and crammed in the tree stand, etc.  It's pretty ugly down there.  Eh, maybe next year.

Woo-hoo!  My Christmas decorations are up!!  Don't you judge me, Christmas decorations-shouldn't-be-up-until-after-Thanksgiving disciples.  I am pumped!  And here's a nice segue into my Thankful thought for the day.  I'm so thankful for nativity scenes.  I just love them.  I may or may not have cried when I unpacked mine today.  Speaking of which, I may be doing something wrong with Mols.  She seems to be wanting to pray to Santa these days when I tuck her in.  I think we finally reached the agreement she could pray for Santa, but not to Santa.  Eek.  We'll have to work a bit more on that reason for the season thing.

A holiday gift idea?  How about a new cooler for your husband?  How about a new cooler for your husband stocked with his favorite beers?  Something tells me your 2011 will be especially fabulous after that rockin' gift! 

No comments: