Friday, August 14, 2009

Jimmys Beware!

Who knew synthetic oil could be so funny!? Not me. Truth be told, I don't even know what synthetic oil is. But if ever I am in a position where I need such a thing (it goes in your car, right?) I will be sure to request Castrol. For one thing, their spokesperson (if you can even call him that) is Scottish (accents= hilarity) and a redheaded Scotsman at that! You can bet any commercial with a ginger is going to be a favorite of mine. Additionally, our Scottish friend repeatedly inflicts pain on unwitting Jimmys, and isn't this why America's Funniest Videos is still on the air? Americans love watching strangers in pain! Good thinking Castrol! What's the best part of the commercial? No, it's not the Scot's bushy, crimson beard. It's that golden slogan: "Think With Your Dipstick Jimmy!"

But the number one reason Castrol wins the "Julie's Commercial That Comes In Handy Like All The Time" award? My husband's name is Jimmy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj5ms9PJDNY

No comments: