I'm in a list making mood this week! Here are commercials with (what I believe to be) the best music...
1. Target/Calabria: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOUl6pzQBtI
2. Planters Peanuts/Just Too Good To Be True: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgJqRluOUK4
3. Apple/Technologic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryOWd567kA8
4. MasterCard/We Want the Funk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cNDSPutas8
5. Honda/Orange Sky: I couldn't find this one! Boo!
And my personal favorite.... Swiffer!!! Way to use classic tunes to sell your product!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFbeP6YqHzg (Baby Come Back)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ckm79d_sDY&feature=fvw (Breaking Up Is Hard To Do)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1OuPO6XUts (Don't You Want Me Baby)
And these are just a few! Swiffer, you can clean my house anytime! (Actually, anyone can- open invitation).
Here are a few ideas of my own that I think would liven up ads for the following companies:
Cool Whip: Whip It (is that too obvious?)
Bandaid or Banana Boat: Blister in the Sun (I'll let the two companies duke it out for rights to that one)
Botox: Poker Face
Trojan condoms: I Get Around (I think the Beach Boys would be honored)
Burger King: Dancing Queen (perhaps a creepy lady love for the creepy, masked king)
Hanes: Underneath Your Clothes (get Charlie Sheen out of those commercials and get us some Shakira!)
Rolex: Time After Time (duh.)
Any car touting a high safety rating: Crash Into Me