Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sicky Sunday

My poor Adrienne is down and out with a rotten cold.  I feel so so bad for her.  But also for me.  Because she's been up since 4:30am (consequently, I've been up since 4:30am) and she is Grade A cranky!  It's frustrating of course, but she's so pitiful with her runny nose and teary eyes I just can't help but scoop her up and risk getting ickiness smeared all over my shirt, in my hair, and on my face.  Is motherhood glamorous or what?  On the flip side, the moments she's not crying she just wants to be cuddled, which is my favorite thing in the world so I'm thankful for that.

Some other things I'm thankful for on this Sunday evening?
  • Sister Wives is on tonight.  Score!  Nothing like  judging someone else's lifestyle choices on Sabbath Day.
  • My Sunday School kids.  They are hilarious.  I come home from church every Sunday armed with enough hysterical stories to get me through the week.  I'd share some of the stories but I feel like there's some unspoken Sunday School teacher confidentiality agreement. 
  • Breast Cancer Awareness!  Unless you live under a boulder* you know it's BCA month!  I am thankful for this awareness, for everything that goes into it, and for the NFL players and refs who sport pink accessories on national television- that must be weird for at least some of the guys.
  • This commercial.  Fuh-nee.  But also makes me nervous about the upcoming winter with its icy roads.  I've been upside down in a ditch before and I don't care to do it again.  I better make sure JJ's is programmed into my phone before the first snowfall.



*That was an attempt at a boob joke.  Too far to stretch?

No comments: