Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween Candy Scene

Last night we went to a Halloween party at our church so the girls got to wear their costumes.  Here they are:

The party was huge!  (Amazing how $1 pizza will draw a crowd).  There were so many cute costumes: a sumo wrestler, an egg, little giraffes, baby dragons, the obligatory Scream masks, and me with my bunny ears.  No, not Playboy bunny ears, more like Easter bunny ears.  The whole thing was a big success except for:
1. Adi dumping an entire cup of cider over her head.  Anybody know how to clean one sticky butterfly costume?
2. Molly has weird taste in candy.  There were games for the kids to play to earn candy.  M sifted through each and every bowl for Smarties (which she thinks are miniature Tums), suckers, and what used to be candy cigarettes* but are now called "candy sticks" and don't have the red tip or the fake smoke.  I kept pointing out the good stuff: "Oo! Mols!  I.. er... YOU like Snickers!  How 'bout a yummy Butterfinger?  Why don't you pick something chocolatey for the love of PETE!?!"  Apparently she has established a foolproof plan for keeping me out of her candy.  I won't be troubling her for any of her chalky Bottlecaps anytime soon.  And Adrienne?  The only thing she was interested in was her free apple.  Puh-lease!

This commercial is just as scary as M's taste in candy.  And it may be the closest I get to a decent candy bar this Halloween:


* Do you remember these?  They were contraband in my house growing up and rightly so (in my opinion)!  My neighbor friend was allowed to have them and she still smokes a pack (of real cigarettes) a day... I'm just sayin'!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They are adorable!

Nicki Woo said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy!!! And I 'm not talking about the Snickers. Okay, I am, but those kiddos look good enough to eat too. So sweet. I LOVE HALLOWEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNN!!!!!
Did I say that already?

That commercial is sooooo crazy! so funny, so crazy. That is one fugly lady!

Was I the kid next door to you smoking on candy cigs? Oh, yes I was. Can you believe my parents didn't even think anything was wrong with it? I was also singing Like a Virgin at the top of my lungs. But, I don't smoke now, never have, and as my four kids can attest, I'm no virgin. Go figure.

Windthicket Fables said...

I am now following you from MBC. I'd love for you to come follow me back at www.becauseidontscrapbook.blogspot.com (my mainstream mom blog) and/or www.thegossamerjewelbox.blogspot.com (my fictional fairy blog- just for fun!)

Thanks!