Monday, January 31, 2011

Going Dental

I h-a-t-e going to the d-e-n-t-i-s-t.  (I've gotten into the habit of spelling it out because while I wouldn't blame her for disliking the dentist, I don't really want Mols to h-a-t-e it until she has good reason to).

As you may have guessed I went to the dentist today.  It was d-r-e-a-d-f-u-l.  In the 3+ hours I was sitting in the chair I heard the following words tossed about in casual conversation: "salami", "boobies", and "horse meat".  Interesting, right?  I'm glad the butchers were having a fun time because I was not.

Here are some of the words and phrases I heard tossed about in reference to my mouth: "won't numb her more until she needs it", (then seconds later upon seeing my nails digging into my arm flesh) "let's give her some more anesthesia", "bleeding", "hemorrhaging", and the cryptic "I don't care what we use as long as it stops the bleeding".  Next time I'm in that kind of discomfort, paying that kind of money?  I better have a new baby at the end of it all.

2 comments:

Carla said...

I bet that new dental work is just as cute as any baby. : )

Nicki Woo said...

hehehe. very funny. though, the dentist can be pleasant experience too. honestly, i love it. I don't care how much blood I lose or how many teeth go missing, two hours of peace, and i get a piece of sugar free gum in the end, sounds like success to me. Even if my mouth is dry, and my mouth looks like someone rubbed chalk all over it.