Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snow Way I'm Going Out In This!

I like my house.  It's my favorite house Jim and I have ever lived in.  I know how very blessed I am to have a cozy little home when some people do not.  But ya know what?  This still does not mean I want to be in my beloved house all day long.  Which is what the sadistic radio announcers and anchorpeople want us to do because the roads are "treacherous".  So, we've been snowed in.

Yesterday, mercifully, my girlfriend who lives a hop, skip, and a snowbank away invited us over.  I bundled up the girlies, made sure their car seat belts were snug, and double checked that I was wearing pretty underwear juuuuust in case a (handsome?) doctor had to cut them off my unconscious body.  As you know, I don't drive faster than 25 mph in the winter so of course we made it there safe and sound- underwear fully in tact.  Once the girls had thoroughly trashed her house it was back home.  For the rest of the day. 

This is what I'm getting at, my bloggy friends: what do you do with your kiddos when you're trapped in your house?  How do you keep a shred of sanity?  This is surely just the first of many icy days in Michigan this winter so I need your help! 

In return, I give you this funny commercial complete with Christmasy soundtrack:

3 comments:

Nicki Woo said...

Boo hoo. I'm so jealous. I do not say this lightly. SNOW!!!!! ICE!!!!! Treachery!!!! Bring. IT. ON. It's a treacherous 69 degrees here in H-town. Totally sucks if your on my end of things. Christmas Really? With mosquitoes buzzing around my head and sweat dripping down my forhead. I think not.

So what to do when you're all snowed in. ummm. . .I always like to eat. Have you ever made snow ice cream? (this i know because i lived in Chi town as a kid. That's chicago for clarity. not china town. though that might have been fun.) Anywho mix 10 cups of snow (white- not yellow) with 1 can condensed milk. If you like it sweeter you could mix less but I like mine kinda icy. Add a tsp of flavoring like vanilla, orange, mint, RUM, if you want a little more flava.
-Oh, one more thing. You know what we just started playing a lot of lately? Thanks to Little Bear. Marbles. My girls love it. They could play that game for minutes. Kidding, kidding. Atleast a 1/2 hour.

Margi said...

Time to make Christmas Cookies and let the littles decorate them!

I always had something crafty to do Krissy when she was off for snow days. I always loaded up on new crayons, now color books, the stitching cards, bead stuff,,,,and hid them for those days so it was always a great surprise.

Jules said...

These are great ideas! N, why didn't I think of ice cream?! I'm almost ALWAYS thinking of ice cream!
M, Mols is on crayon probation after drawing a red line from one end of the couch to the other, but I love the idea of stitching cards!