Friday, April 15, 2011

Goooaaaal!

I want to raise my kids to be goal-oriented.  So today I sat down with Molly and asked her what she would like to accomplish (we have a loose time frame of this summer).  Are you dying to know what kinds of goals an almost four year old has?  This is what we have so far:
  • Enter a hula-hoop contest (I Googled and found one on June 24, but it's open to all ages; if she gets pummelled (sp?) by a 40 year old I'm going to be ticked).
  • Run a race
  • Have a lemonade stand
  • Go to the zoo
  • Visit Molly in GA (a different Molly- my girlfriend who made my girls their tutus.  See this post).
  • Drink pop "when I'm bigger"
  • Learn to play a song on the piano (that one may have been my idea; I thought she was starting to slack with the "drink pop" goal).
  • Tell Santa to please get me Lelli Kellys (do I have that spelling right moms of girls?  I believe they're shoes?)
  • Grow a garden (you may think that was my idea too, but it was NOT!  I'm totally nervous about this one.  Mom, I'll be needing your help here!)
  • Go to friends' birthday parties.
Instead of making me hungry for Arby's, this makes me want cherry pie.  In fact, I'm putting that on MY list of goals: "Make and devour cherry pie."

1 comment:

Nicki Woo said...

Oh Mols! Those are great goals. She's a keeper. My fave is grow a garden. What an industrious little girl. I like her.

ps- drink pop was a close second :)