Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Marie vs. Jillian

I never thought I'd be so happy to see Marie Osmond. This has got to mean Nutrisystem is booting Jillian Barberie Reynolds as their spokesperson, right? Please Nutrisystem, please let this be the case! For those of you fortunate enough to have missed Jillian's ad, here's a recap: she boasts, "I know I'm not your average girl. I love sports". A girl who loves sports? I've never heard of such a thing! You are such a rarity Jillian Reynolds! She goes on to catch a football and asks, "How many girls can do that?" Really Jillian? How many girls can catch a ball? I'd say most. Including my 2 year old daughter.

I'm all for Nutrisystem, and celebrity endorsements are often an enormously positive thing. Dan Marino? Fine choice. Larry the Cable Guy? If you must. JBR seems to be an unfortunate blip in their line of respectable celebrity dieters. Apparently Nutrisystem's marketing department is full of average girls who dropped the ball on that one.

No comments: